When making this recipe I decided to make it two ways (as shown below): one using a smaller pan creating thicker pieces (picture directly below) and two the second picture at the bottom of the recipe creating thinner pieces. I enjoyed the thinner pieces of the cookie sheet partly due to it tasting and resembling more like fudge. So you have your choice on how you want it based on your preference or you could try both like I did!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cup of honey
- 2 cups of vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder
- 1 cup of oats (get the gluten-free version to make this recipe gluten-free)
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- Start with 2 cups creamy peanut butter and 1 1/4 cup of honey in a large bowl.
- Heat for 90 seconds in a microwave safe bowl, then stir.
- Add 1/4 c. of chia seeds to mixture
- Add 2 cups of vanilla protein powder.
- Mix completely, then add about 1/2 – 1 cups of rolled oats depending on how thick you would like your bars.
- Place the mixture in a pan and put in refrigerator; you can make thicker pieces in a smaller pan and thinner pieces in a larger pan.
- Cut up and store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Let sit in fridge over night, tastes better than only a couple hours.