Do you remember going to birthday parties or simply in the summer enjoying a cup of dirt? I sure do!! It was always a game changer at any gathering. Well I wanted to do a throwback because being gluten-free sometimes steals long time favorites, but not this one! Gluten free dirt cups for the win!
With gluten-free knock off Oreos becoming easier to find, I decided to break out this old recipe of gluten-free dirt cups to cool off during summer. With this being one of the easiest recipes I have ever put on this blog it does not lack in flavor or presentation.
Since I am not a plan of hard gummy worms I found these gummy worms made of real fruit juice and basically taste like a fruit snack. So that makes them less of a candy and more of a fruit in my mind!
The gluten free oreos I use are by the brand Glutino, which I have found at Hy-vee consistently. However, as long as they are gluten-free you’ll be ready to go!
Gluten Free Dirt Cups
- 2 packages of the Glutino Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 3.9 ounce package of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk (almond, regular, but not soy)
- 8 ounces of Cool Whip
- gummy worms
- Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies into a dirt texture. Mine was some lumpy dirt, but that’s how I like it.
- Combine the instant chocolate pudding and 2 cups milk.
- Let the pudding sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the cool whip to the pudding and mix with a spatula.
- Divide evenly into cups and top with dirt and worms!
This post contains affiliate links, which help keep this blog going. I do not recommend any products I do not use and love, please check them out and see if you may love them too!