Now that Halloween has passed, and you have hordes of candy in your house I have the perfect recipe for you! Because it involves many popular candies found on Halloween. This gluten-free candy pizza is absolutely delicious and will wow your friends and family as well. They won’t even notice you stole some of their Halloween candy to do it.
Cutting the Candy
Please for all things sugar do not try to speed up the cutting process. This recipe has been shared a few times before now and the lengths people went to speed up the cutting process was insane. One involved a blender…
First, refrigerate the candy to make it easier to cut. Next hold the candy bar horizontal to you and then vertically cut the candy into small rows. Then go back and cut those pieces in half. Remember, the smaller the pieces the more variety you get to have on each slice of pizza.
When it comes to the Reese’s just cut rows, but make sure the candy is really cold otherwise it will not cut as nicely.Like I said, cutting the candy is the tedious process of the whole recipe.
You will notice in my pictures that the crust is a bit thicker. It is up to personal preference, but if you want a thinner crust just remember it does rise when cooking, but you also need enough support for the candy on top.
Putting it Altogether
Once the crust has cooled you’ll want to have all the candy out and chocolate ready for melting, because the chocolate will dry fast! Next melt your dark chocolate and spread it evenly on the crust. Then take each candy one by one and distribute them onto your pizza evenly. Finally, melt the white chocolate (the cheese) and drizzle it on top and top with more M&Ms.
The candy pizza is open to your own creativity. You can add or subtract various candies to your choosing but this is the classic candy pizza with classic candies.
- 11/4 c. Gluten-free flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 2 tbsp almond milk or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 or 9 inch pie/pizza pan
- 8 full size Reese’s
- 10-12 mini Milky Way
- 10-12 mini Snickers
- Bag of M&Ms
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- First, preheat oven to 400F.
- Next, in a large bowl cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in flour, salt, milk, and vanilla in that order until the mixture is crumbly. The dough will still be moist and just clump together in your hands, but maintain a crumbly texture.
- Press into your 8 or 9 inch pie/pizza pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crust is a very light golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before proceeding into the following directions.
- Line up three bowls for each of your candies to go into. Remove your candy for the fridge. Place the Snickers and Milky Way horizontal to you and cut them vertically in pieces. Then go back and cut those pieces in half. For the Reese’s just make sure they are incredibly cold and cut vertical pieces and then go back and cut the other way vertical pieces. I don’t know if that makes sense, but with the Reese’s it is just a bit harder since they are delicate. Once candy is cut put back in fridge.
- Once crust is cooled melt your dark chocolate wafers and evenly spread it in the sauce area of your pizza. Quickly, and I mean quickly, place your candy on the pizza evenly. I typically start with one candy and then go to the next until I finally end with the M&Ms.
- Next melt the white chocolate and place in baggie and cut tip-off to drizzle on top of candy like cheese. Finally, top it off with more M&Ms!
- Cut like a pizza and enjoy!